About the Artist:
Ken Luce, "New Works" at the San Jacinto College Fine Art Gallery, marks only the second exhibition for the artist in the last decade, the only other occasion to view the artists works in a public venue was in 2014 at the William Reeves Gallery in Houston Texas.
Born in 1950 in Houston Texas, Ken Luce began pursuing his passion for art at an early age. He earned both his bachelor and master degrees from the University of Houston and developed into a true Texas Artist.
Luce began showing his work to great success over numerous one man and group exhibitions throughout his career. He has been represented by a variety of galleries in the United States and Europe. In the 1970's he worked with the Dubose Gallery in Houston and the David Findley Gallery in New York and in the 1980's caught the attention of Eugene Binder Gallery both in Dallas and Cologne, Germany, as well as Davis McClain in Houston and the Zola Lieberman Gallery in Chicago. The relevance of Ken's work has been recognized in the scope of Texas Art alongside other important Texas artists in exhibitions such as A Century of Sculpture in Texas, 1889-1999 at the University of Texas in Austin.
In addition to the success in his various exhibitions Ken Luce has chaired the San Jacinto College North art department for over twenty-five years and recently received an honorarium for presenting a large painting of Pope John Paul II at the El Paso Museum of art. His work remains in the collection of the museum in El Paso, as well as numerous collections both public and private including the David Tinsley estate, William Reeves collection, Museum of South East Texas, and William A. Fagaly.
NOTABLE BIBLIOGRAPHY and BIOGRAPHICAL NOTES:
Selected Public Collections: The Menil Collection, Houston, Texas,
Art Museum of Southeast Texas, Beaumont, Texas, El Paso Museum of Art, El Paso, Texas
William Reaves - Sarah Foltz Gallery Catalog: https://issuu.
Joel Cooner Gallery, secondary market, Dallas TX, http://www.joelcooner.com/Contemporary_Sculpture/Contemporary_sculpture.html
Blouin Art Auction House: https://www.blouinartsalesindex.com
Parkerson Gallery, secondary market, Houston TX, https://www.parkersongallery.com/exhibitions
Kundson, Rainey, Prints, and Architectural Pathos, at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas, Glass Tire, Jan 2016
KEN LUCE SURVEY 1970 - PRESENT DAY email@example.com
2017 - SAN JACINTO COLLEGE - GRANT FINE ART BUILDING
1. Blue Dot, 2017, found objects and collage, 20" x 20"
2. 60's Modern, 2017, found objects and collage, 20"x 20"
3. Construction with Riding Crop, 2017, found objects and collage, 29.5"x 19"
4. Safe at Anchor, 2017, found objects and collage, 21"x 21"
5. Antikythera, 2017, found objects and collage, 16"x 16"
6. An Art Scene for Bert, found objects and collage, 21.5"x 21.5"
7. ....and Repeat, 2017, found objects and collage, 20" x 20"
8. Malaysia, 2017, found objects and collage, 18"x 18"
9. Forest Landscapes, 2017, found objects and collage, 22" x 22"
10. Still Life with Vase, 2017, found objects and collage, 22"x 22"
11. Up Here Higher, 2017, found objects and collage, 18" x 18"
12. Artifact of the Voyage, 2017, found objects and collage, 59" x 6" x 3"
13. Pintail, 2017, found objects and collage, 28" x 38" x 20"